Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Ninth Visit- Multicultural Continues Once More

Today we wrap up our exploration and investigation of movement (because my next visit will be a few practice runs and the final performance). It is so wonderful to see the confidence these students are building through repetition of the movement. By embodiment of movement these students are living, breathing, what they are learning in the class. Each person comes from different backgrounds, and its important to recognize that they all have value in our society. Without giving it a second thought these students are tasting the african culture right in their classroom. I'm so excited to have them show their school, through song and dance next week. One great thing about teaching a set movement phrase is to see the pride in the children's eyes when they know they have done a great job. The students in this class are hard workers, and I feel like they are all successful in different ways. How privilege I feel that Ms.Thorstrom has allowed the artsbridge program to be apart of her teaching, every student will go through their own challenges in school, but I hope the students realize how much potential they have, because I see it each time I watch them move; and I think each one of them are simply AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment