Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Tenth Visit- Its Hard to Say Goodbye...

Reflection time... This semester working with Ms. Thorstrom and her students has been more impactful than I ever imagined it would be. I felt that this program has given me the practical application of teaching that I've needed, to be successful in my field of dance education. I worked with a very energetic group of third graders. I learned a great deal about the importance of clear expectations. This group was filled with brilliant and creative minds, but they struggled with keeping focus and staying on task. Don't we all!! I had to start each class with a reminder of the rules, and then reinforce expectations throughout class, immediately and professionally.This Arts Bridge internship gave me a practical classroom management experience that allowed myself to gain an internal perspective of how to respond to what actually happens in the classroom.   I start my student teaching next semester, and feel more prepared because of this internship. I was able to practice being authoritative, engaging and confident in front of students, who were so forgiving and caring, in a professional environment. I was able to truly discover my love of teaching while being an Arts Bridge Scholar. Thank you Thank you THANK YOU to my mentor Pauline, Ms. Thorstrom, the wonderful third graders that revitalized my love for learning, and of course to all those involved in the Arts Bridge Program!!! What a wonderful experience!

1 comment:

  1. You've done such a great job with your Arts Bridge experience. Thank you so much for all of your hard work!

    ReplyDelete