Monday, March 9, 2015

Seventh Visit- Introduction of Multi-Culture

I loved working with these sweet sweet students today. We started class sitting in a large circle. I prompted the students to think of one thing that made them special. It could be ANYTHING they wanted to share. Each student went around identifying one thing that made them special and unique, we had comments that covered just about everything, such as "I'm really good at soccer", "I like math", " I speak two languages", "Hot dogs are my favorite food", "I'm an older sister".  It was so neat that at such a young age these students knew that they each were special, and my favorite moment during this section is that if a student had a hard time thinking of something, their classmates would remind them of something. This portion took the majority of my teaching time, but I would do it exactly the same if I could do it over. I loved hearing from each child, each child had their moment, and got to say out loud something about themselves. From this portion of class, we identified that all though we had many different things that made us who we are, we need a world of lots of different people to make this world so wonderful and exciting. This concept was one that was understood easily and was quite instinctive for these sweet students. To learn about multi-culture through movement we began to learn some African movement for our final performance in just a few weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment